3 medium tomatoes, cored and chopped
6 oz. mozarella, cut into small cubes
2 tbs. olive oil
1 tbs. balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 – 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
3 tbs. fresh basil, chopped
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup balsamic vinaigrette
1/2 to 1 cup bread crumbs
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, oil, balsamic, salt, pepper and basil. Mix to combine. Cover and set aside.
2. Place chicken breasts between two pieces of was paper, and pound until thickness is uniform. Place chicken breasts in resealable plastic bag and add vinaigrette. Marinate for 30+ minutes.
3. Whisk eggs and place in shallow bowl. Place breadcrumbs in second shallow bowl. Dip marinated chicken into eggs, then into bread crumbs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Heat 2 tbs. olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 5 – 10 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Turn if necessary to avoid burning.
5. To serve, place chicken on pasta (or simply on the plate), and top with a spoonful of Caprese Salad. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.