3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup superfine (baker’s) sugar
2 larg eggs
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tbs. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
1 cup milk
1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
3 tbs. sugar
1/4 cup baker’s sugar
1/2 tsp ground
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 8 ramekins (or a 12 cup muffin pan).
2. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
3. Lightly beat the eggs and then add the eggs, a little at a time, beathing between additions.
4. Sift the flower, baking powder, baking soda, sal, and nutmeg together. Add half to the creame dmisture with half of the milk.
5. Gently fold the ingredients together before incorporating the remaining flour and milk. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan, filling each hole to about two-thirds full.
6. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool.
7. Blend cream cheese and sugar together until light and fluffy. Slice cakes in half, and spread tops with cream cheese mixture.
8. Mix together cinnamon and sugar; sprinkle over cakes.
*NOTE: this could use some sort of sauce/syrup….I’m working on figuring this out………………still yummy as is.