- 1 jar roasted red peppers (10 – 15 oz.)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 block of cream cheese
- 2 cups milk
- salt and pepper
1. Heat a small amount of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers, garlic, and basil; cook for 10 minutes, or until flavors blend.
2. Add cream cheese, and stir until melted. Add milk, and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Using either an immersion blender or a traditional blender, puree until desired consistency is reached. Add salt and pepper to taste, then return to a simmer for 5 more minutes. Serve over pasta!
*My husband likes this topped with sliced Chicken and Apple Sausages