- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (optional)
- 2 – 3 fresh sage leaves (optional)
- 1 decent sized beef tri tip
1. In a small bowl combine soy sauce, olive oil, garlic and black pepper. Place tri tip in resealable plastic bag, add rosemary and sage. Pour marinade over and refrigerate overnight (or freeze for a rainy day).
2. Preheat outdoor grill for high heat, and bring tri tip to room temperature. Sear/brown both sides of meat, then reduce heat and cook to desired doneness (time depends on thickness of meat). Allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing.