- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbs. cider vinegar
- 3 tbs. lime juice
- 1 tbs. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tsp. corn starch
1. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, chili, cumin, and garlic. Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag and add 1/2 cup of marinade; chill for at least an hour, preferably overnight. Cover remaining marinade and refrigerate.
2. Heat small amount of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, and cook until tender and transparent. Add peppers, and cook until tender. Remove from pan.
3. Remove chicken from the marinade and add to skillet, and cook until juices run clear. Add onion and peppers.
4. Whisk cornstarch into reserved marinade and add to skillet, stir and simmer until sauce thickens. Serve on warm tortillas with sour cream, guacamole, and cheese!
ALTERNATE PREPARATION: marinate the chicken in ALL the marinade before slicing, then grill along side the veggies. Slice the chicken after juices run clear and just skip the extra sauce. Just as delicious.