- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 5 spears asparagus, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup green beans, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbs. DPF Italian Seasoning
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, diced
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 4 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
- 2 cups half and half
1. Preheat oven to 400° F; line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and Italian seasoning. Combine veggies in a large bowl, then toss with olive oil mixture. Spread veggies on baking sheet and roast for 15 – 20 minutes or until tender.
3. Meanwhile, heat another 1 tbs. of olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots, sorrano pepper, and garlic and cook until slightly browned. Add wine, basil, and nutmeg, and reduce (2 – 3 minutes) stirring constantly. Slowly 2 cups half and half, and simmer. Add cream cheese, and stir until melted.
4. Using an immersion blender (or transfer to standard blender), blend sauce until smooth. Reduce heat and simmer until desired consistency is achieved. Remember that sauce will thicken as it cools (add milk if you over cook it!) Serve over your favorite pasta!