1 pork tenderloin (or roast)
Salt and Pepper
1/2 cup soft goat cheese, crumbled
zest of 1 lemon
1 tbs. basil, chopped
1 tsp. pepper
1 bunch fresh spinach (or about half of a small bag)
1 tbs. olive oil
1/2 cup red wine
1/2 cup cherries, pitted and chopped (I just used frozen ones)
1 tbs. balsamic vinegar
1. Butterfly the pork lengthwise (or pound it to about 1/2 inch thick which is what I did!); season with salt and pepper
2. In a small bowl, mix together the cheese, lemon zest, basil and pepper. Spread onto prepared pork and top with spinach.
3. Roll up the pork, securing with butchers twine every inch or so. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat 1 tbs. olive oil over medium-high in an oven proof pan. Sear/Brown the pork on all sides
5. Preheat oven to 350 F. Place entire pan in oven and roast for 1 – 1 1/2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 160 F. Remove pork, cover and allow to rest.
6. Return pan to medium high heat, remembering that it’s HOT! Add the red wine and deglaze being sure to scrape off any browned bits from the bottom. Add the cherries, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Reduce.
7. Slice the pork, and serve drizzled with cherry sauce.
*If your pork is still not cooked, you can always return individual slices to the skillet and finish cooking them there!