1 tube refrigerated crescent roll pastry (or recipe ready pastry sheets)
1 triangle brie
3/4 cup of your favorite jam (I use DPF’s Seedless Syrah-Blackberry Jam)
1 cup pecans, chopped
Caramel topping (use either your own or jarred)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. On a piece of parchment paper, roll out dough into a rectangle (about 10″ x 13″), ensuring seams are joined if you’re using crescent pastry dough. Cut short diagonal slices about an inch thick leaving a few inches down the center for the filling. The photo below is not a great example…if I would have made more even cuts, the braid would have turned out better!
2. Break brie into pieces and place in a line down the center of the pastry.
3. Top with blackberries, pecans and a small amount of caramel.
4. Fold short ends of pastry over top of brie, and press to seal. Then starting from the top, criss-cross them over the filling, seal the end tightly.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes, or until pastry is a golden brown. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then top with more caramel sauce, slice, and serve.