2 tbs. vegetable oil
2 large onions, chopped
2 jalepeno peppers, seeded and minced
5 cloves garlic, chopped
2 lbs. lean ground beef
4 cups chopped tomatoes
1 can/bottle beer
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 1/2 tbs. ground cumin
1/2 tbs. chili powder
2 tbs. paprika
2 tbs. oregano
2 cinnamon sticks
6 whole cloves
1. In a medium sized stock pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Saute onion, jalepenos, and garlic until soft. Set aside. Return pot to heat, and add ground beef. Cook and stir until meat is browned and crumbled, drain.
2. Place the cloves and cinnamon sticks in a spice bag for easy removal, and add to beef.
3. Return onion, garlic, and jalepenos to pot and add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Add more beer if mixture becomes too dry.
4. Remove cinnamon sticks and cloves, and cook 15 minutes more.
1 roll refrigerated Crescent Rolls (Pillsbury Recipe Creations Seamless Dough)
2 cups Chimichanga Filling
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 egg white, whisked
1. Roll out dough, patching any rips.
2. Spread a thin layer of Chimichanga Filling over dough; sprinkle with cheese.
3. On the long side nearest you, fold dough about an inch over filling; follow with both short sides.
4. Roll tightly (ignoring any holes that might appear), and seal seam.
5. If freezing, wrap in parchment paper, then freezer paper or resealable plastic bag and freeze for up to a month.
6. Thaw in refrigerator (if applicable), brush with egg white, and bake at 350 F until golden brown (30 – 40 minutes). Slice and Serve.